What is Alberts Farm parkrun?
It is a 5km run in the Alberts Farm Park – it’s you against the clock. The course is a one lapper, in a heart shape. The course is “fairly” flat with some easy gradual uphills, single track and grassy areas. It will start right next to the car park and finish at the same spot. There is a lake as well as stunning views of the Jhb city skyline from the highest point. There is plenty parking available.
When is it?
Every Saturday at 8:00am.
Where is it?
The event takes place at Alberts Farm, 6th Road West, Greymont, Johannesburg. See Course page for more details.
This is our route :
What does it cost to join in?
Nothing – it’s free! but please register before your first run. Only ever register with parkrun once. Don’t forget to bring a printed copy of your barcode (request a reminder). If you forget it, you won’t get a time.
How fast do I have to be?
We all run for our own enjoyment. Please come along and join in whatever your pace!
Alberts Farm parkrun needs you!
It is entirely organised by volunteers – email email@example.com to help.
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in Olivias Coffee Shop,
Olivia’s Coffee Shop, Impala Shopping Centre, 175 Beyers Naude Drive, Northcliff.
– please come and join us!
Gain Discovery Vitality points
Alberts Farm parkrun takes place
There is ample free parking facilities as well as a large play area for kids. Unfortunately there are no toilet facilities however we are addressing this matter with the municipality.
- Don’t forget your paper barcode! See your initial registration email, your weekly parkrun newsletter, previous results emails, or you can request a reminder email. Phones don’t scan, so please bring a printed copy.
- We operate a “No barcode, No result” policy. If you forget your printed barcode, you won’t get a time.
- Coming along for the first time? Please make sure you haveregistered and also read the course description.
- Did you run this week? Check out the results page and news page which includes event reports – we normally update these a day or two after the event.
- Not received your results email? It may be in your spam folder. We’ve a few tips on our support site to help you.
- You look great! Have a look at the event photos.
- Want to know more? Read about us and the event.
- Our links page connects you to local and national running resources.
- This event is run by volunteers who love running; if you want to join us, find out more on our volunteering page.
- Summary event statistics are at the bottom of every page.
- Any other questions? Read our dedicated support site.