Outcomes Of The Questionnaire/ Survey
- More than 280 questionnaires/ surveys were sent out via email.
- Received 46 filled in questionnaires/ surveys back which provides the basis of the below analysis and outcomes (16.5% returns).
- Some outcomes do not reflect an accurate picture as quite a few respondents do not have access to social media- yet scored them.
- Some respondents did not fill in every question hence the disparity regarding total responses overall.
- The top priority / need of residents is ensuring our suburb is well maintained and tidy – by Robert and/or by relevant departments.
- Second to the above is the need for more information on security matters, tips and statistics of crime in our suburb.
These 2 above points presents the overwhelming majority opinion of respondents.
In looking at the importance of regular meetings, the ‘story-time’ on WhatsApp and our website all scored between – Very important to Average importance.
The importance of educational talks/info and community activities, again they both scored in the region of a 2.5 score symbolizing ‘important’ but quite a bit below the 2 top priorities.
The next section dealt with questions needing a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ response.
- 32 Respondents indicated a willingness to be more actively involved in the community. 11 respondents indicated no to involvement. 2 needed more information.
- Question about being prepared to be involved in the leadership of the GRF. 41 respondents said no, 3 said yes, 1 said maybe.
- Contributing financially towards the Forum = 22 replied that they are and 22 replied that they do not contribute financially.
- On the question of ‘do you want more information about the GRF’s activities 35 said yes, 9 said no.
- On the question of having read the constitution of the GRF. 30 respondents said they had not read it, 9 replied that they had. Only 2 of the above figure said it need revising while 37 said it doesn’t need revising.
- On the question of do you need more financial information regarding the forum, 29 said no, and 15 said yes.
In terms of the GRF’s communication with the residents:
All scored highly with email and website communication higher and quarterly meetings and WhatsApp* communication following *(due to residents not having WhatsApp this could be an inaccurate figure and could have scored higher.)
Three major take-aways.
- How few residents are willing to get involved in leadership.
- How a greater majority of residents say how important the work the Robert does and yet how few residents actually pay subs as indicated by the responses on the questionnaire.
- The second priority which we will endeavour to meet are your needs to have more security / crime issues