Catch up on Last weeks Residents Meeting
Quite a bit was covered in our Greymont meeting last week.
The minutes for the meeting are here: Greymont Residents Forum July 14 2015 – Minutes
- A fantastic response was received from the residents of Greymont for the new lawnmower and brush cutter and we would like express our thanks to all. We are now paying insurance at R99 a month to Outsurance for the new equipment. Big thanks go to the estate agents Lew Geffen Sotheby’s Realty and Rawsons who contributed R1000.00 each.
- Robert has been incredibly busy and should commended for his excellent and dedicated work.
- Thanks also to Pikitup for always and promptly picking up all bags that Robert has filled up around the park and in the streets of Greymont. They are again the best M.O.E. For service delivery!! Clive has more recycling white bags at his and residents are welcome to go to his house on 35 3rd Street to collect.
- Spring Fair – This is being held on the 29 August 2015 at Alberts Farm. All residents are encouraged to attend. There will be stalls, jumping castles etc
- Park Run Anniversary – The Park Run will be celebrating it’s one year anniversary on the 15 August 2015 with a Fun Day and Adidas etc will be in attendance.
- Optic fibre in Greymont – I’m exploring the option of getting optic fibre in the Greymont area. A 40% response will be required from residents and a link has been created on the website for those who are interested to provide their input. It was suggested to get a resident from a surrounding suburb who already have optic fibre to give a talk at the next meeting.
- Security – SCP have advised not to park vehicles outside your premises. All Pikitup bins should be taken in as soon as possible. Keep verges and shrubs trimmed outside your property. Cars and motorbikes are the current targets.
- Township development (Bergbron Nursery area opposite the Spar and BP Garage) – This development has been approved by Council and was open to public review although many residents were not aware. This development is expected to consist of about 500 units and will cause a traffic nightmare on the already congested Gordon Road during peak hours. Bruno from the neighbouring CFP will provide feedback on latest developments concerning this issue.
More news about the awesome Spring Fair coming soon…