First of all a big thank you for all the committed members of Greymont which includes you and all those that help Alberts Farm. Your commitment does not go unnoticed and unappreciated! It is through your interventions that Greymont is such a lovely suburb to live in.
Some good news; Mike our worker’s wife gave birth to a little girl and they have named her Caroline. Mike also wishes to thank the many residents who gave best wishes and donated baby clothes and other items. He will only see his newborn when he goes on leave at the beginning of June.
Also on the good news front; according to SCP in February there were only 2 incidents of crime; one a stolen car in third street and the theft of Cell Tower batteries. Wonderful that crime is on the decrease. Please keep on being vigilant and report all crime related matters immediately.
Mike our worker has been very busy as usual doing the following in Greymont:
- Every day picking up litter in targetted streets as well as cleaning our Park
- Brush cutting twice the entire Greymont’s pavements to ensure that our suburb is neat and tidy always.
- Brush cutting the enbankment along West Road and mowing around our Pond 3 times in the last 8 weeks.
- Weeding and pruning including mowing around our new garden and our original garden along 4th road.
- Weeding of pavings especially down below the NG Kerk.
- Doing a litter clean up inside of our stream and brushcutting the entire stretch inside the stream.
- Pruning the trees and cutting up big branches that have fallen.
- Taking out a lot of water vegetation in our Pond.
- Weeding the curbs and circles up 5th road.
- Starting to clean up corner curbs of weeds and grass.
Without Mike our worker, our beautiful suburb will revert back to a very badly maintained area with overgrown, untidy streets, massive litter problem, crime and our Park not being looked after. We rely on you and everyone to assist financially with this very important service that we pay Mike for.
I will try and post some photos on our new WhatsApp site that is dedicated to the work we do as the Greymont Residents Forum. It is really working well with no chit chat or unnecessary comments. Everyone receiving this email should sign up for this new whatsapp site. This is the platform for keeping you informed between emails. Please email me if you would like to join.
As we start the new financial year this month if any resident wishes to have the annual statement of their monthly contributions (not special projects) please let me know and I will email it to you. I keep an up to date spreadsheet of all income and expenditure. I have noticed that some of you have failed to keep up with your monthly financial contributions. Please communicate with me if you are either unwilling or unable to contribute further.
Many thanks to all of you who contact us and enquire about isues and giving us suggestions to ponder. We value your input always! Have a wonderful day!
Clive Patrick Malherbe
Greymont Residents Forum (Founding Member)